These are my Top 10 Tips for making Fresh Finger Sandwiches.
- Use good quality Bread
- Avoid using the ‘Soft White’ variety of bread. They do not hold the sandwich well.
- Always make your sandwiches as fresh as is possible
- Use butter where ever possible
- No need to butter or fill the sandwich right up to the edges.
- Remove the crusts, hence reason not to butter/fill to the edges
- Cut into fingers or triangles. Usually 3 x Fingers/4 x Triangles
- Arrange on a pretty plate or if catering pack in suitable containers
- Chill and cover until required. Sandwiches dry out very quickly
- Make plenty, always best to have too many than not enough
Suggested Sandwich fillings
Brie and Grapes with Green leaves
Tongue and Chutney
Free Range Egg with Mayonnaise and Cress
Poached Salmon and cucumber
Houmous with Chopped Red Peppers and Grated Carrot
Cream Cheese and Cucumber
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese
Gorgonzola and Pear with Green Leaves
Cheese and Chutney