This is a basic Oat and Raisin Cookie recipe from Rachel Allen’s Book called ‘Bake’. I’ve made them several times, but I wanted to experiment with flavours.
Here is my Baileys, Oat and Raisin Cookie recipe
110g (4oz) butter, softened
110g(4oz) caster sugar
110g(4oz) soft brown sugar
2 tbsp water
1 tsp Baileys Original
2 tbsp Baileys Original (add this to the Raisins/mixed dried fruit to soak)
250g (9oz) porridge oats
110g (4oz) self raising flour
110g (4oz) raisins or mixed dried fruit.
1) Add the 2 tbsp Bailey’s Original to the Raisins/Mixed Dried fruit and leave for about an hour to infuse.
2) Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is light and fluffy
3) Add the egg, water and 1 tsp Baileys Original and whisk again until all are combined.
4) Add the Oats,Raisins/Mixed dried fruit and flour to a dough consistancy.
5) Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place on a baking tray with parchment. Press the dough down slightly.
6) Bake in an oven at 180C (350F ) Gas mark 4 for around 15 mins until light and golden.
Dust with Caster Sugar as soon as they come out of the oven.
These cookies are soft, squidgy and very moorish. Enjoy.
What’s your favourite cookie flavour?