As the year draws to an end, many bloggers are looking to the past. Showing what they’ve done over the year. I thought about doing the same, but if you’ve been a regular reader of my blog (of which I thank you) you will already know what I’ve been up to. If not there is the archive section for you to paruse.
This brings me nicely on to the future and 2012, so here it is in a nut shell
- Sit down and work out some secret Afternoon Tea parties
- 20th – Attend Culture Vulture Friday Picnic in Leeds
- 21st – Cakey meet up in Leeds with a CCC organiser
- 28th – Kilburn I’ll be helping Kerstin Rodgers host her Margaret Thatcher Afternoon Tea event
- 11th – Clandestine Cake Club Singles event in Harrogate. I’m not single, everyone attending has to be though. I’m the organiser. The media are already interested in this event, so get yourself booked in if you want to be part of this fun filled cake party
- A little TV appearance. My 15 mins of fame where I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Projects I’ll be working on during 2012
- Men Who Bake Charity Calendar for 2013
- ‘Northern Foodies’ a bit of a hush hush project that I’m working on with Charlotte the Cooking Fairy, and all will be revealed around March
- Continue to work on The Secret Tea Room, Clandestine Cake Club and National Cake Week.
I will continue to support all those student journalists who contact me about The Secret Tea Room and the Clandestine Cake club because we were all students at some point in our lives, even at my age I’m still learning. I will also try and support the journalists who contact me looking for something new to write about even when they say their deadline is that day, or Friday or even NOW. Especially when they ask nicely.
What I will continue not to support are the generic emails from PR’s who don’t even know my name. Or make any reference to me or my blog in that same email.
It’s been a great year. As I may have said in the past, retirement is a blank canvas to be painted as we wish. I’m now on to my next canvas for 2012 and even 2013 has already begun with the CCC Charity Calendar.
I’ve met some really wonderful interesting people this year both at The Secret Tea Room and beyond. Many of whom are now well established friends.
So without further ado I’d like to wish you all and Happy New Year. And the only ‘more’ I wish for is ‘More of the Same’.