A bucket list is something we should all have. If we were to submit plans for a business loan, we’d have to show a business plan, so why don’t we all have a life plan. A list of things to do before we die. Hopefully we will all have lots of tomorrows, but what if tomorrow never came, can you honestly say you’ve done as much as you set out to do in life.
Don’t think you get off likely because you are a young whipper snapper. Age has nothing to do with it. Everyone should have at least a couple of things, serious or otherwise, they would like to do before they pass this mortal coil
My list, off the top of my head are below, not in any order. I was going to add a number rating of the likelihood of me achieving any of them but that’s a bit defeatist and shows signs of giving up before I even start. So hear is my list.
- Le Manoir Cookery School – Simply because it looks such a wonderful place to spend a couple of days learning cooking and baking to the highest possible standards whilst staying in such wonderful surroundings.
- Spend the afternoon with Mary Berry and Marguerite Patten enjoying a delicious afternoon Tea talking about the old days of cooking and baking.
- Travel the world in search of each countries speciality cake and bring back the recipe and turn it into a book.
- Speaking of Books, yes I’d love to write a baking book.
- Invite the leaders of the free world to the Secret Tea Room, serve them afternoon Tea and let them get on with putting the world to rights. This is so often done (having ‘putting the world to rights’ conversations) by many women in the kitchen, chatting over the fence that I’m sure they (world problems) can be solved over a few cups of tea and a slice of homemade cakes. Who am I kidding!
- Have Clandestine Cake Club as an international cake event
- Have a full to capacity allotment next year. I know that isn’t a baking subject but I wanted to throw that one in.
- Invite 8 (table only seats eight) of my favourite cake people for afternoon tea. Could one of them be you.
- Visit as many Underground Supper Clubs and Tea Rooms as possible
- Finally, to be able to pass on my baking skills to anyone who is prepared to learn them. #Baking classes, now there’s a thought.