Keep It Simple: Soup
I wanted to show how easy it is to make soup, that’s why I’ve called it Kis (Keep It Simple) based on what I had in the fridge and store cupboard.
My list of ingredients consisted of:
4 Medium potatoes
1 Large Leek
3 Small Onions ( 1 White 2 Red)
Homemade Chicken Stock from the freezer( You can substitute this with water and a good quality stock cube or two)
1) Roughly chop all the vegetables keeping the Onions and Leeks separate.
2) In a large pan heat some Olive Oil then add the chopped Leeks and Onions and gently simmer until lightly cooked.
3) Add all the remaining roughly chopped vegetables and enough chicken stock to just cover all the vegetables. Seasoning can be added later.
4) Simmer until all the vegetables are cooked, about 20 – 30 minutes depending on how roughly you chopped them up.
5) When cooked, allow to cool a little, then, with care, blend the soup. My hand blender was a very inexpensive one from a leading supermarket.
7) Serve and enjoy.